11 months ago
Kup Version 0.6.1
- Show hard drives that are not listed as hotpluggable, but still considered removable. Fixes some cases where a plugged in USB3 harddrive did not show up and could not be selected as backup destination.
- Now allows free selection of unreadable folders but instead warns the user about any unreadable files or folders in the set of current folders to be backed up.
- Now detects if there are any symbolic links being backed up that points to something not being backed up. Shows a warning in that case.
- Updated translations, added Bosnian language.
- Improved messages in the log file.
- Bugfix for the case of no folder selected in the source selection. The entire folder selection tree was impossible to use because of a bug in Qt.
Kup Version 0.6.0
- Ported the whole application to KDE Frameworks 5.
- Small bugfix for detecting problem with write permission for the backup destination.
- Please note that there are not so many other applications ported yet, so looking at files directly from backup archive (without restoring the files first) can be a problem. Applications based on KDE libraries version 4 will not be able to peek inside a bup backup archive. If you need that, keep using 0.5.1 instead.
- The default version linked from here is still 0.5.1, packages and source code for 0.6.0 is available at https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:simper:kup/kup-kf5
- Ubuntu packages are available at https://launchpad.net/~martin-loschwitz/+archive/ubuntu/kup/+files/kup_0.6.0-2_amd64.deb
Kup Version 0.5.1
- Bug fix for source selection: there was a situation where the folder selection collapsed and could not be expanded when dealing with hidden folders, this has now been fixed.
- Expand to show selected hidden folders when enabling "show hidden folders".
- Add ".local/share/Trash" as a default exclude for new backup plans.
- Change how includes and excludes are shown in the source selection, hopefully this way it should be clearer what will be backed up.
- Add an error message, correct some texts, update all translations. Contains big improvements to polish, german, italian and portugese translation.
Kup is now available in 12 languages, 7 of them are complete translations! The remaining 5 are about 70% translated.
Kup Version 0.5.0
- Add option to generate recovery information that can be used to fix broken bup backup archive.
- Add option to do integrity testing of bup archive every time a new backup is taken. In case something is broken and you are generating recovery information it will ask you if you want to try repairing the files.
- Now the configuration dialog warns about dataloss when using rsync in combination with fat32 or ntfs.
- Keep a log file of last backup job, can be viewed from system tray menu.
- Bugfix for viewing files in a bup archive containing more than 1000 separate backups.
- Cosmetic fixes and more informative texts in the configuration dialog.
- Add complete translation to Chinese(taiwan) and Lithuanian.
Kup Version 0.4.2
- Bug fix: store bup index in backup so that .bup folder in home directory is not needed, it was not being initialized anyway.. that was the real bug.
- Bug fix: allow user to select sources from /run. Internal hard drives could be mounted there, so it's a valid usage scenario.
- Bug fix: fix starting the monitoring process when enabling backups for the first time.
Kup Version 0.4.1
- Bug fix: detect when a new filesystem is mounted on a monitored path.
- Now with complete German, Polish, Russian, French, Portugese, Spanish, Tagalog, Swedish and Italian translations. Woohoo! A big "thank you" to all translators!
Kup Version 0.4.0
- Bug fix: detect encrypted partitions on external hard drives.
- Small update to keep up-to-date with new metadata format in bup v0.25
- Add German, Italian and Swedish translations. Tagalog and Spanish are still only partial.
Kup Version 0.4.0 beta 1
- Add kioslave for accessing files and folders directly from any git archive (including bup archives, of course!). Comes complete with support for metadata scheduled to be available with the soon-to-come 0.25 version of bup. Please test! Just type "bup://" in a kde-based filemanager (dolphin, konqueror, krusader et al)
- Add a new application called filedigger, it helps you find the right version of a file and then also helps you restore that file. You can open folders and files to have a look at them before restoring, thanks to the new kioslave.
- Add rsync-type of backups.
Please help test the above new features! And now is also the time to translate all the new texts, please help adding your language!
Kup Version 0.3.2
- Add german, italian and tagalog translations.
- Make it more difficult to create a backup plan without a destination. (Select first usb drive automatically when connected, warn user if no drive is selected when saving)
Kup Version 0.3.1
- Fix running with older versions of bup by removing compression level option, not useful for most people anyway.
- Check if bup is installed, notify user if not.
- Add spanish translation.
Kup Version 0.3
- Adds an option to take the backup as root. Useful when you want to backup system files which needs root access to read.
- Now checks if you are inactive (no mouse or keyboard activity) when accumulating usage time. For instance, Kup will no longer count time watching a movie on your computer as active usage time.
- Adds ability to configure which compression level is used for backups.
- Adds the option of selecting/deselecting hidden folders.
- Adds infrastructure for translations and a swedish translation. Help with other languages would be appreciated!
- Now sets the CPU and (on linux) the IO scheduler priority of the backup processes to be very nice, just to minimize risk of a running backup disturbing you.
- Fixes a couple of bugs in the folder selection tree.
- Shows more info about external drives connected and now also remembers more info about the drive you have selected.
- Now uses the bup index file in your home directory instead of having the index file located in the destination archive. This can perhaps give better performance in some scenarios, not tested.
- Adds a few hidden folders in your home directory as default excludes, should be useful for most people.
Kup Version 0.2
- Introduced a new scheduling mode, Usage. Monitors how long you've been logged in since last backup was taken and suggests new backup after configured number of hours. Made this scheduling mode the default.
- Made a new systray icon (supposed to look like a safe... you judge..).
- The progress notification thing was just ugly & annoying, removed it. Now just showing an animated icon when taking a backup.
- Added option to never ask user before starting to take a new backup.
- Improved error reporting
- Big code cleanup for more maintainable code
- Made the config module's way of detecting/starting the daemon process more reliable.
- Systray icon tooltip now contains info on backup plan status.
- Systray icon now shows up with a red warning symbol if a plan has "bad" status; more than three times the backup interval has passed since last backup.
- Bug fix, already plugged in devices didn't show up in the list for selecting external destination drive.
- Bug fix for local filesystem destination: now detects if destination folder becomes available after a mount.
Kup Version 0.1
- Initial release.