Kate Symbol Viewer is a sidebar plugin for Kate that has been integrated in KDE since version 3.2.0.
It allows developers to view symbols (functions, macros and data types) from source code.
By clicking the parsed information you can easily browse the code.
At the moment the following languages are supported:
C/C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, XSLT, Tcl/Tk, Fortran
- List/Tree mode
- Enable/disable sorting
- Hide/Show Functions Parameters
- Can expand/collapse tree mode
- Auto-update on document change
- Code parsing is based on Kate highlighting
9 years ago
Improved PHP parser (thanks to Gef)
Improved Fortran parser (thanks to Louis). Support on/off parameters display as well
ANSI C89 supported
key navigation now handles Return key press
*** Added Ruby support
*** Added preliminary PHP support
*** Added XSLT support (thanx to Jiri Tyr)
- perl parser patch (thanx to josander)
- python supports multiline defs/classes
- sorting mode on popup menu
*** Added JAVA support
Basically it uses an improved version of the C++ parser. Not being a Java developer, I would kindly need any feedback from the users.
Following the changes:
- support for classes (not nested, sorry )
- fixes on comments also for macros
- support for inline functions
- option to automatically expand nodes when in tree mode
This is a version for KDE-apps.org for the KDE 3.5.x users. The mainstream changes are applied only to the KDE 4 SVN trunk.
For a complete changelog please refer to KDE 4 SVN:
or KDE 3.5 branch: