Qtstalker is a user friendly Technical Analysis package for GNU/Linux. Similar to commercial wares such as Metastock, Supercharts and Tradestation. Keeps to a lean, simple design for speed, portability, and low resource usage. Because it uses a plugin model, Qtstalker can easily be extended.
Qtstalker is 100% free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL. An active development community is continually adding new features. We appreciate your input towards creating a world-class GNU/Linux TA package.
- A point-and-click object-oriented graphical user interface.
- Chart plugins include line, bar, candlestick, point and figure, and swing.
- Customizable colors. Logarithmic and linear arithmetic scaling. Scale to screen.
- Indicators plugins include MACD, MAs, Bollinger Bands, RSI, and dozens more.
- Chart drawing objects: trendlines, buy/sell arrows, horizontal and vertical lines, fibonacci retracement lines, text.
- Quote plugins download data from online sources such as Yahoo, CME, NYBOT.
- Data import plugins for plain-text CSV files and MySQL database.
The "Plugin" architecture for quotes and indicators enables easy future extensibility.
- Daily, weekly and monthly chart compression (intra-day in development)
- Various data classes to support for investment types such as stocks, futures, indices, ratios and spreads.
- A back testing function allowing indicator performance tests using actual trading data.
- A very basic portfolio manager. Good for tracking open positions. (Suggestions welcome.)
- A Scanner that can scan the qtstalker database for charts that meet a user defined criteria.