Now hosted on Github! https://github.com/ailazarus/amitk -- pull requests and bug reports are always welcome.
- Version 0.1b: Gnome menubar fixes
- Version 0.2: Small menubar and toolbar fixes
- Version 0.3: Several fixes, improved scrollbar contrast
- Version 0.4: More bugfixes
A compact, non-flat, "traditional" theme, loosely based on late Amiga Workbench look, based on Clearcodes theme.
Still clunky, as I've hacked it up in about two afternoons, after getting sick of themes made for tablets, but actively maintained and getting better.
Screenshot notes and credits:
- Framework: Tobias Bengfort's Clearcodes theme
- Icons: Ken's Icons, repackaged by a kind gnome-look.org user, untouchable89
- Wallpaper used in screenshots: various works by sed (https://sed.deviantart.com/)
- Desktop used is FVWM. The structure is based on taviso's legendary .fvwm2rc, but the whole thing is quite heavily customized behind the scenes.
Installation tips, misc. notes:
- export GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0 in .bashrc gets you always-visible scrollbars for real computers
GTK and application support:
- Applications I frequently use with this theme: Emacs, Firefox, Thunderbird, PCManFM, Deadbeef, Xarchiver. These will get immediate fixes, since they'll bug me right away.
- Support provided on a best-effort basis for Mate applications
- Support provided on an if-possible basis for Gnome 3 and Cinnamon applications: I'll gladly make fixes as long as they don't involve breaking anything else (unfortunately, this is a rather frequent occurrence in GTK3), they don't require working around application-specific hacks and, frankly, if I can figure out how.
- Does not include GTK2 theme, but I can look into it if there is much demand
- GTK3 support: GTK3.22 and possibly GTK3.20. No support for earlier versions. Please bug GTK developers about that.
- This theme is currently maintained. If you have questions, suggestions, bugs to report or anything else, feel free to contact me. Contact info & co. in README file.
- Support is *only* definitely going to be provided for the latest stable GTK3.x version. Support for other versions, down to GTK 3.22, will be on a best-effort basis. Earlier versions probably won't work. I'm sorry if I break your desktop, but GTK developers seem to have way more free time than I do :-(.
- Move to Qt and drop this GTK mess forever :(
gnome-look specific notes: If you downloaded version 0.1 instead of version 0.1a, that one has a valid gtkrc under gtk2.0. That's not mine, and it got there through an error -- it's the BellePintosGrande gtkrc. Through an unfortunate error (I wanted to place something under gtk2.0 because I had a hunch that missing it makes mate-theme-properties skip the theme when reading through the ~/.themes file) I left it there, even though it was only used during development. It obviously doesn't quite fit in with the AmiTK looks, and more importantly, it's not mine to redistribute. I removed the stale file, of course, and re-uploaded an archive that doesn't include it, but I'm leaving this note in case anyone comes back wondering why the hell GTK2 applications look like Motif apps. It's because my brain froze while I was taring things up :-).