This little service menu lets you confortable add a password to an existing pdf file.
It requires pdftk to be installed and the original pdf will be renamed to FILENAME.pdf.old
- copy the the addPDFPasswd.desktop file into your ~/.kde/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus folder
- open dolphin
- right click a pdf file
- select "Actions"
- select "Add password to PDF"
- in the dialog box enter the password
By default, the script will pop up a confirmation screen that the file has been password protected and the original file has been renamed. If you don't want this confirmation screen, go to line 12 of the script (starting with: Exec=/bin/bash -c 'Confirmation="1";) and set the Confirmation variable to "0".
- added Greek Service Menu translation (thanks to dglent)
- made confirmation dialog optional
- fixed .org / .old discrepancy between confirmation dialog and actual renaming