This is a plasma theme that uses system colors and is intended to present a simple, clean feel.
It may not be to everyone's taste, but hopefully someone finds this useful.
To install: It is now included with KDE. In between major KDE point releases, updates can be installed using "New Themes" in the Desktop Settings dialog.
Note: The shutdown dialog theme in the version provided here works only with KDE 4.1.4 and later.
8 years ago
2.0.3 sorry for the frequent small updates. Mild OCD keeps compelling me to fiddle...
- softened systray outline and systray expander outline. They looked a little harsh after working on Atelier.
- yelled at the focused task theme item to "straighten up and look right". Should look better now. :-)
- *very" minor tweak to analog clock.
- to make sure changes show up for KDE 4.2 users, the package now contains the svgz files for the changed items since the 4.2 was released. You don't have to do anything special. It should work like any other update.
2.0.1 *very* minor tweak to very slightly lighten the panel outline. Helps panel edges be a little less "line-y" on mid-tone to lighter backgrounds.
2.0 Ready for 4.2 release .
- Squeezed in a few more refinements to several components for 2.0. (2.0 is whatever gets released with KDE 4.2)
1.99 Updated in preparation for the 4.2 release. I'd like to acknowledge inspiration for updates to some components from the author of the super-great, uber-awesome Arezzo theme.
- Many changes to almost all components.
- Note: The version provided here on kde-look contains uncompressed SVGs so it will work with KDE 4.1.
1.3 (updated download file)
- Apparently the I never updated the download file for the last vesion so it never matched what's actually in 4.1. That's corrected now. (geez I'm an idiot...). I'm only marking it as updated so that those who may have screwed up the version that came with KDE 4.1 by installing from here (via GHNS) can restore it properly.
1.3 updated to match svn version:
- Updated task item theme (smaller borders)
- More substantial looking pager
- Updated system tray theme (inspired by the really, really good Arezzo theme)
1.2.3 updated to match svn version:
- Updated shutdown dialog to work with new button sizes.
- Slightly more translucent background.
- Minor update for tasks and pager.
- Added transclucent background (used by Folder View)
- Updated task item theme
- Updated clock hands and added hand shadows.
- Added systemtray.svg to overide visual inconsistency with default systemtray theme.
- Added shutdown dialog theme.
- Added pager theme.
- Updated taskitem theme to work with new theming code.
- Corrected a number placement issue on clock face and slightly misaligned glass.
- Improved panel highlighting for panel widths < 100%.
- Corrected to keep krunner theme working.
1.0.2 - Minor bugfix for corners of tooltip.
1.0.1 - Minor bugfix for topright element of panel (was only noticable with panel < 100% width).
1.0 - Ok, I think I'm satisfied with this one... for now... :-)
- Fixed HandleCenterScrew on clock.
- slight modification for dialog borders
- added different panels for west and east screen locations.
- Updated task item theming to fit in better with overall theme.
- Adjustments to clock face to improve balance.
- Updated analog meter.
- Lightened dialogs to better match colors used by style.
- Slightly modified task item theme
- New clock
- Fixed a couple minor visual bugs in panel background and dialogs.
- Submit for Plasma Theme Contest.
0.9.1: added task item theming (again, needs latest svn version of KDE).
0.9: A couple very minor pixel imperfections remain. (Inkscape svg rendering is a touch different from QT4 svg rendering).