Image 01
profile-image

bodly

Jim Russell Austin, United States of America
MusicExplorer

Amarok 2.x Scripts 19 comments

by kk7
Rating: 7.3
Dec 02 2008
Have you tried requesting the notifications you need on bugs.kde.org or on the amarok mailing list?

I think they are frozen for the 2.0 release, but someone could probably add them for 2.1. Seems like this would be needed for any script that's going to be manipulating the playlist. - Dec 10 2008
Concerto

Amarok 1.x Scripts 9 comments

Rating: 5.0
Sep 13 2007
One thing that would be nice would be to make the list of shows into clickable links back to the last.fm page with the details. - Sep 13 2007
I agree, this rocks. Great idea! - Sep 12 2007
Autotorrent

Amarok 1.x Scripts 23 comments

Rating: 5.0
Apr 21 2007
No, ktorrent doesn't do magnet yet. The devs are working on it, though.

It seems easy enough just to grab the .torrent file and pass it to ktorrent via dcop. I hacked up a quick and dirty version of autotorrent that does that if you're interested. You write nice, clean code so it was easy to replace azureaus with ktorrent and magnet with torrent.

Let me know if you'd like to see my version, but I'm sure you could implement it yourself very quickly. It took me about 30 minutes and I don't even know ruby. :-) - Feb 22 2007
synctags

Amarok 1.x Scripts 77 comments

by hurra
Rating: 5.0
Feb 20 2007
Hurra,

I'm really impressed with the speed of the last couple of versions. It's not blocking everything on track change like it was earlier. Great job!

bodly - Feb 19 2007
Try adding this line on line 106, right above where it says "#cut of the end (\n)"

uid=uid.split("\n")[0]

If that fixes it, then you have two paths to your files like I do.

If that gives you a uid, but still doesn't work, modify the line after "#cut of the end (\n)" to cut off one character instead of two.
i.e. change
uid=uid[0..uid.length-2]

to

uid=uid.chomp

That fixed things for me. The chomp method removes newlines from the end of strings. Seems safer than manually trying to remove characters at the end.

And again thanks to hurra for the great script. - Feb 14 2007
Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. I seem to have figured out the issue. The dcop query 'dcop amarok collection query "SELECT artist.name, tags.title FROM tags,artist,uniqueid WHERE tags.artist=artist.id AND tags.url=uniqueid.url AND uniqueid.uniqueid='#{uid}' AND tags.deviceid=uniqueid.deviceid;"' was returning two UIDs. I think this is my own issue because I have two paths that lead to my collection. To fix that I added a split statement 'uid=uid.split("\n")[0]'. That almost fixed it. Then I noticed that it was chopping off the last character of the uid, so I changed line 84 where you cut off the end of uid to only cut off 1 character instead of 2. After that it works fine.

Strangely enough, it works fine at work where I have a sqlite backend.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Love the script. - Feb 03 2007
For about a month now, synctags has been saying "Missing artist or title." for all my songs. It was working before. I run svn version that I check out and compile every week or so and am using a mysql backend.

I tried debugging the script by uncommenting some of the debugging statements you have in the script and adding a few of my own, but I can't seem to find the cause. I know that the ar2 variable is not getting set, but I don't know why. If you have any ideas I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks - Feb 01 2007
Kitty

Video Apps 35 comments

Rating: 7.3
Nov 13 2005
It's working now. This is a pretty cool app. Keep up the good work! thanks - Oct 23 2005
the problem is that the default_theme directory didn't make it into the tarball. and the symlinks use full paths instead of relative path, e.g. kitty-novideo.png -> /home/kes/kitty/src/default_theme/kitty-novideo.png instead of kitty-novideo.png -> default_theme/kitty-novideo.png So we need a new tarball which includes the default_theme directory and it's contents. - Oct 22 2005
QComicBook

Graphic Apps 164 comments

by yogin
Rating: 7.2
Jul 08 2011
The problem seems to be that they changed the name of the moc binary from moc to moc-qt3. I just did sudo ln -s /usr/bin/moc-qt3 /usr/bin/moc and that fixed it. - Jul 02 2005