Meanwhile the version is also changed to 1.6.6, released in August 2008.
Hopefully the author can change it here officially.
- Sep 09 2008
Although in Kubuntu and other Debian based distro's. Do a 'which kim_resizeandsend' if you can't find it. - Feb 12 2008
Replace the following lines in /use/bin/kim_resizeandsend :
Quote: - Feb 12 2008
For me that did the trick. The $HOST doesn't give any output and is skipped.
Hopefully the developers can fix this problem ASAP. - Feb 12 2008
As you hopefully see Actionext is at position 2, but unfortunately: "Failed to find any lyrics." :-( - Dec 22 2007
e.g.: I have an albums with songs that is not so popular (today that is) and the first lyrics-site that is used by your script is at Scroogle position #4. According the script it should work, but it says "Failed to find any lyrics." :-(.
Anyhow I have one addition:
http://www.oldielyrics.com/ - Dec 18 2007
1. Remove links to non existing articles (the red links)
2. Remove the interwiki links.
3. Remove links to categories or make sure the categories are parsed correctly.
4. Make sure when you click on a link you go directly to that article. Right now it is only added to the list on the right.
5. Make sure it depends on Python 2.5. 2.5 is default on Kubuntu and I had to install 2.4 also.
Keep up the good work,
J - Aug 30 2007
In the build I have (from GetDeb) the legend-pane is empty. Maybe this had to do with the build. - Aug 22 2007
If I watch to the map of the Netherlands, the cities are not situated perfectly. They are a bit to far to the north. You can easily see this with checking the area in and around the IJsselmeer (the big lake in the center of NL). - Aug 22 2007
Meanwhile thereis a new version (0.4.1?) available on GetDeb: http://www.getdeb.net/release.php?id=1297
...and that works!
Very great and very promising. Maybe dragging the surface can become a bit more smoother, but I like it now even more than Google Earth, Worldwind or whatsoever :-). - Aug 22 2007
It would be great if you could drag and drop an url on the kicker-applet, so it will make a link (similar to blogthis-bookmarklets). Right now (0.7beta1) it is not possible to do that, not from Firefox and not from Konqueror.
J - Aug 17 2007
J - Feb 22 2006
J - Feb 21 2006
Anyhow my Superkaramba themes are transparent and kicker is transparent. So why can't this program not be transparant?
Another issue I've forgot to mention:
*The application has an entry in the taskbar for every log file. I like to disable the use of the taskbar completely, because I like to have those log windows on the background/desktop. - Feb 23 2007
1. Transparency doesn't work
2. It's only displayed on one desktop, Ik like to have it on all desktops.
J - Feb 22 2007
Anyhow just copy those header files to the root of the desklist-source-tree and do ./configure --prefix=/usr (if Kubuntu)
all will be fine.
J - Jul 18 2006
kopetedesklistplugin.moc:120: instantiated from here
/usr/share/qt3/include/qptrlist.h:150: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:
/usr/share/qt3/include/qptrlist.h:150: warning: invalid use of undefined type 'struct Kopete::MetaContact'
linkedlist.h:31: warning: forward declaration of 'struct Kopete::MetaContact'
/usr/share/qt3/include/qptrlist.h:150: note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.
/usr/include/kde/kgenericfactory.h: In member function 'QObject* KGenericFactory::createObject(QObject*, const char*, const char*, const QStringList&) [with Product = KopeteDesklistPlugin, ParentType = QObject]':
kopetedesklistplugin.moc:120: instantiated from here
/usr/include/kde/kgenericfactory.h:194: error: cannot convert 'KopeteDesklistPlugin*' to 'QObject*' in return - Apr 14 2006
1. Search results are displayed multiple times for the same file.
2. Geo-data (flags) is not displayed
3. Old configuration
Please take a look to Sancho, how they are doing and hopefully KDE will have a good up-to-date MLDonkey frontend again.
J - May 22 2006
Please let it display the amount of free space, instead of the used space. For me the amount of free space is much more usefull. I change it now by hand, but everytime I update Aero AIO, I must do that again. Off course it can also be an option.
J - May 07 2006
I really like this theme, although I think it's a bit to slow (I have PyKDE on).
Anyway I've found one bug and this that it duplicates the contacts in the "Monitored Contacts". Not right away, but agter a while, while it runs. I now have some contacts more than 30 times in the list. Half with their alias and half with their e-mailadress. Off course it is no big problem, because it only shows one in the main Skopete-contact-list, but I was wondering if this is not eating resources!? - Apr 14 2006
This seems like a great plugin, but it doesn not show anything. I'm using the latest version and I restarted SK allready. I also saw there is no .sh-script in the scripts directory, but if I understand your changelogcorrectly it should not be there anymore, so that's ok.
This is the output from the commandline:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/jayenell/.aero_aio/netstat_aio.py", line 111, in update
karamba.changeText(widget, self.data, self.readData())
File "/home/jayenell/.aero_aio/netstat_aio.py", line 72, in readData
res = self.pretty_pat.sub(self.prettyString, res) # Call self.prettyString for every match
File "/home/jayenell/.aero_aio/netstat_aio.py", line 100, in prettyString
count = self.rpad(str(self.processCounter[match.group(2)]), self.fields)
KeyError: '0' - Apr 13 2006
I tried to use a divx-avi, but it only complained about this in the log:
"Skipping sector, wating for first VOBU...".
So that doesn't seem to work, that's a shame.
I am looking for a app that can encode all mplayer- or xine-supported videofiles to DVD. I also like to be able to move videos into chapters or titles and to include subtitles. I thought I've found it, but no :-(. Allthough subtitles are working.
So I will continue use DeVeDe, allthough I can use this to create menu's, but there are more apps like that. A pitty, I thought I've found a all-in-one-solution. - Apr 12 2006
How do I make sure the Dutch subtitles are encoded; does it take all the subtitles or does it ignore subitles? - Apr 11 2006
Various KDE 1.-4. Improvements 26 comments
When I open a mp3 audacity is launched. I have amarok as my default audio player. - Apr 08 2006
Various KDE 1.-4. Improvements 453 comments
J - Mar 08 2006
I try to find duplicate files in my musiccollection and the collection is on more than one partition, but Kleansweep doesn't follow symlinks, so it is useless for me I'm afraid :-(
J - Jan 06 2006
I don't know with Quanta. The concept and features are looking very great, but....
1. The VPL is slow and can't only undo a few actions.
2. It crashes a lot. I allready deleted the config files, but still it just crashes, when I'm doing something random (as it seems). The problem with the crashes has been for a while now and it is the only program that crashes in KDE so much.
3. KimageMapEditor is a great tool, but the imagemaps don't work in Konqueror (it does in Firefox). So what's the use of a KDE-app, when the output won't work in Konq?
Jayene - Nov 28 2005
When you try to deselect a file in the file-tab or file-dialog, KTorrent freezes. - Sep 09 2005
1. I mean the translation of other output.
4. Yes I understand, was wishful thinking :-)
1. Yes I selected the dict. I tried also many times (without a crash) btw.
2. Yes I noticed that "twice" to. That gives me another suggestion:
Be able to change the ctrl-key to the alt or shift key. The reason is that I use ctrl+c sometimes and than the translation pops-up at e a moment I don't want it.
Cheers and thanks for your reply,
J - Aug 25 2005
I waited for this progras very long thanks. Off course I have a few suggestions and there to seems to be a bug.
1. Be able to select words (translations) so you can paste it somewhere else.
2. Be able to change the font and font size of the popup.
3. Be able to turn off extra info about the word. Only the translation.
4. Be able to translate whole sentences.
5. Be able to use knewstuff to download dictionaries.
6. Using transparancy.
1. I can't delete dictionaries. I have to it by hand using the ktranslatorrc-file.
2. I don't understand the ctrl-key, sometimes it doesn't work and sometimes it says "no plugins selected". 90% off the time though it pops-up OK.
Thats it. Keep up the great work and thanks again.
J - Aug 25 2005